"
Breathe, keep breathing. Don't lose your nerve" -
Radiohead



Page 312: Kuala Lumpur Trip

/ Monday, March 21, 2016 /
It was an unplanned trip that turns out to be a sort of pilgrimage for me. While for her it was a closure of a love story that didn’t end as happy as she thought would be. She had an invisible wound to heal, caused by an enormous betrayal and dishonesty. And I had a mission to get a little piece of my heart back from that man, who promised me things but blew them all.

Never thought that Kuala Lumpur would be the place where both of us can learn more about letting go. To learn that what’s done cannot be undone and it’s always better to move on. She embraced the failed marriage. And I got that piece back when that guy didn’t even want to meet me although he lives in the same city, and how I didn't feel sad at all. It was pretty easy to explore KL. Unlike Jakarta where there’s no center for all public transportations, this city has KL sentral. 

A few days before the trip, I made a little research about how to go from a place to another. My main destination was Batu Caves, which was easy to reach from Grid 9, the hotel I stayed in. I also searched tips how to reach Grid 9 from the airport.

From airport, I took the Skybus to KL sentral (RM 11). From there, I took the MRT (RM 1.25 if I’m not mistaken, haha, kinda forgot the price) to Maharajalela. It’s so easy to find this hotel. As soon as you get out from the Maharajalela station, just cross the street and you’ll see the signage. Don’t forget to prepare RM 50 for deposit. Grid 9 was pretty nice. Clean, minimalistic, and they provide shampoo and soap, but not toothpaste, so you have to buy it – there’s a seven eleven and other convenience store nearby, so it’s easy to get it.

the room we stayed in


the common area
The next morning, my friend and I went to Batu Cave. We took MRT to KL Sentral and continue the journey with a train (RM 2.6 for a single trip) to Batu Caves. There’s no entrance fee for Batu Caves main temple, but you have to buy tickets to get in some temples inside the area.




Batu Caves was amazing! Ever since I was a kid, I've always been fascinated by myth, legends, folklore and stories about deities, from Greek to Chinese, but especially Hindu. Maybe because when my grandma was still alive, she used to choose Mahabharata and Ramayana as my bedtime stories. Hinduism played a big role in shaping Javanese culture and wayang, and she loved wayang so much, and I inherited the fondness. I think that’s the reason why
I mentioned earlier that it was sort of pilgrimage for me. It reminded me so much of my meemaw.











You need to take 272 steps to get to the main cave. Along the way, you’ll find so many monkeys. Be careful with your stuff, especially if you bring food inside the bag, they’re pretty fast and determined. There were many shrines inside the main cave, probably more than 10. In front of one of the shrines, the priest gave blessings to people by putting white and red powder on their foreheads. Then he made them lucky bracelets from these strings. I got one too.




After Batu Caves, we went to Petaling Street in China Town and Sri Mahariaman temple, the oldest Hindu Temple in KL. Petaling wasn’t as impressive as I thought would be, regarding the stuff they sell there, but I enjoyed the food.



The temple was great, not too big but I liked the colorful detail of statues and reliefs there.


At 7ish, we headed back to hotel and got dinner and rest. And that’s the end of our journey, the journey to cleanse our minds and souls a little bit.







Labels

Free counters!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 
Copyright © 2010 stickybunbook, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger