"
Breathe, keep breathing. Don't lose your nerve" -
Radiohead



Page 21: Curiosity Killed The Cat

/ Monday, December 27, 2010 /
Wrath
Greed
Sloth
Pride
Lust
Envy
Gluttony

That’s seven deadly sins, a classification of objectionable vices that has been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct followers concerning fallen humanity’s tendency to sin. A list of things that considered being seven evil seeds which inspired Andrew Kevin Walker to wrote Se7en’s script.

Sometimes I wonder if Curiosity could be on the list too. Once, I read this phrase: “First human’s sin would be curiosity. It was curiosity that made Eve ate the apple (or Khuldi, or fruit of Knowledge of Good and Evil, or we can simply called it, “the it fruit”). And so she ditched God rules for not ate them. Causing The Fall” [I forgot who wrote that. Perhaps Jostein Gaarder, or I might have read it from some book I borrowed from a friend. Or it was just my imagination.]

Maybe that kind of curiosity was a part of lust. Not sexual-lust. But more like something that you have to feed, inside of you.  Or maybe curiosity is just something you have to control before you crossing the line and make too much trouble to handle. Just like that famous proverb used to warn against being too curious, "curiosity killed the cat". You have to use it wisely. You can control it. That’s why it’s not on the list (?). Hmm. Maybe.

Oh, crap. Even when I wrote this, my curiosities about “Original Sin” and “Deadly Sins” increased, lead me to read wiki about it and clicked every word which triggered another curiosity. And how could I end up reading about misogyny anyway while I still got a lot of thing to do? Oh, yeah, that thing: curiosity. Shoot!



0 comments:


Labels

Free counters!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 
Copyright © 2010 stickybunbook, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger