"
Breathe, keep breathing. Don't lose your nerve" -
Radiohead



Page 163: As Simple As That

/ Thursday, August 30, 2012 /
Couple of days ago when I just got back from my parents’ home and entered the apartment; I called my roommate, “Neng?” And when she replied, I went straight to her room, and hugged her. I don’t know why. Yes, I haven’t seen her for a week because she went to Medan, but before that, I didn’t miss her that bad until decided to gave her a hug. And before that, I had experience being far from her more than a week, but still I didn’t hug her.

Anyway, after that, we did our “routines”: sharing about most of the things that recently happened in our life, gossiping, discussing this and that, and laughing our ass off about silly things/ people. I like several thoughts that came up from our conversation that day. I think that’s the joy of talking with smart, funny, and open minded person like her. You can always get some fresh insight for your mind and some of them make you want to share it through your blog. Although I don’t know if anyone ever really read this blog *hahaha*, I mean except my friend or people that dropped comments. But yeah, visitor counter said that actually some people came to this virtual asylum. :p

I think the most interesting part when we finally acknowledge that the way we saw our beliefs is changing *tsaaah...seddaaaap :p.* Me with the way I saw Islam, its rituals and rules, and how I connected with God. While she had already came to the point when she thinks she is no longer an agnostic, but an atheist. I can’t tell about her turning point. Mine is happen last Ramadan. I am still learning, though, on dividing which that I must hold dearly in my heart, which that actually was part of Middle East culture that people misinterpreted it as part of Islam, and which that was actually came up because the way people exaggerated things in the past. It is important because your belief should lead you to inner peace, make you a better person and treat people with respects and tolerance. It doesn’t have to be religion; you can still find inner peace although you’re an agnostic or an atheist. It is important because that is the least that you can do to find the real value, something that you really can do while you are still breathing, while you are alive.

Up until now, I still don’t understand people who persuade their friends to choose leader/politician that has the same religion, simply because they felt threatened that if they didn’t do it, it will oppress their freedom to do rituals. Believe it or not, my neighbor was practicing this method to my father. And all that my father could do was smirking. He didn’t give a damn, for sure. Hahaha. Once I wrote about this kind of blind faith, time passed by and I still don’t understand how they could be so suspicious. Why it seemed very hard for them to understand and learn more about the concept of tolerance? It’s a simple thing actually. As simple as if my roommate asks me why I haven’t took prayer while I was busy doing something. See? She doesn’t believe in god or deity yet she still reminds me about my rituals, because we know that as adults who can use their brains to think and their hearts to feel, no one can and have the right to force belief/faith to others. Yep, as simple as that.

Aweee, we’re so adorable or what? Hahaha.

And here's Losing My Religion by R.E.M. Just because i miss Mr. Stipe and the gank today ;)

0 comments:


Labels

Free counters!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 
Copyright © 2010 stickybunbook, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger