"
Breathe, keep breathing. Don't lose your nerve" -
Radiohead



Page 208: Book Sniffer

/ Thursday, February 28, 2013 /
Are you a book sniffer? I mean, literally. Do you take a break when reading a book just to smell the papers? Close your eyes for a while and just breathe in between pages? Well, I do, especially with old books. It’s kind of hard to explain, but just…comforting.

I think this is the reason why I have lotsa ebooks in my laptop but only read some of them. Haha.

Anyway, I just finished Kafka on The Shore by Murakami. And o boy, it’s goooooood. He’s such a great writer. He combined different topics and threw it inside the plot in an elegant way. From fate, identity, metaphysics, sexuality, to music and you won’t get lost and confused why he’d put it in that book. It’s like he’s a great fashion designer that sewn different materials and patterns yet still looks good.

See? Murakami understands that kinda feeling.
Read it people! And let’s fall in love with Oshima. :p. Oh, you should read Homunculus too. It's good :)


That’s a rare old book from my friend, dinda. 800 pages of fairy tales with an illustration for each story. I love to smell it sometimes. And no, you cannot borrow it, only read it in a place where I can see you. :p

0 comments:


Labels

Free counters!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 
Copyright © 2010 stickybunbook, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger