"
Breathe, keep breathing. Don't lose your nerve" -
Radiohead



Page 262: Outshine

/ Friday, January 17, 2014 /
“We lived on farms, then we lived in cities, and now we’re going to live on the internet!”
 – Justin Timberlake as Sean Parker, “The Social Network” 

Post photos. Write a status. Check in. Share a link.
Share stories. Share? No, sell. Sell stories then buy attention.

Attention. People want that, sometimes they're craving it. Through this whimsical invention called social media that support and enliven the big parade of narcissism. I’m using it (even pay my bill because I utilize it on daily basis for work), thus I’m part of that big swirl. With the need to express yourself [that you have voice, that you’re alive, that you have A LIFE] as the pivot.

And some people can be overly sensitive because of it. And some people can get addicted to it. And some people can prioritize it more than the warmth they can get from talk to each other, to smile and laugh instead of choosing emoticons.

That’s the dark side. It still has a bright side as well. I just hope that the dark side won’t outshine the bright one. 


2 comments:

{ Dita } on: January 21, 2014 at 3:09 AM said...

I decided to fast on one of my social media account. It's just completely pointless.

Your social media depends on social rather than than the media. My peers is mostly boring, most of them post without thinking. I'd rather quit. Blog is still my fave place to land my feet on.

{ the blue unicorn } on: January 25, 2014 at 1:41 AM said...

Blog is still my fave place to land my feet on. << sooooo agreeeeee :)


Labels

Free counters!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 
Copyright © 2010 stickybunbook, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger