"
Breathe, keep breathing. Don't lose your nerve" -
Radiohead



Page 279: The Classic Problem

/ Tuesday, July 22, 2014 /
Once a drunk stranger asked me about a classic problem in relationship: why sometimes we like a person who doesn't like us back, and why can’t we just try to be with a person who likes us although we don’t really like that person?

He’s a friend of a friend, actually. But I can’t remember his name and all I know about him that he’s a friend of a friend and he’s drunk. So to me, he's still a stranger. I shrugged and replied “chemistry. And it’s inexplicable”. He looked a bit pissed and said that basically everyone wants to be loved – so when somebody offers you to take care of you, adores you, it’s like a free ticket to be happy rather than try to be with someone who doesn't see you the way you see that person, so you should just grab that ticket because it’s free anyway.

“Right? Right?!” he tried to get my approval. I wanted to just shrug and smile, my favorite gesture lately – but somehow his tired eyes made me nod. Someone might have rejected him that day so I didn't want to be another cold hearted bitch that rejects him when all he asked just a simple support.

Before I left, I told him that the shittiest part of liking or loving someone is that you won’t be able to protect yourself entirely from getting hurt; that this “someone”, whether s/he rejects you or not, could hurt you in every possible way you could think of, even beyond that, although this person probably never had any intention to. And it’s inevitable.

“So what should I do?” he asked.

“Move on..? Stop over analyzing..? Offer your ticket to someone else..? And maybe less questions start with why..?” I said.

He chuckled, raised his glass..and shrugged.


0 comments:


Labels

Free counters!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 
Copyright © 2010 stickybunbook, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger