"
Breathe, keep breathing. Don't lose your nerve" -
Radiohead



Page 344: You Learn by Borges

/ Saturday, March 25, 2017 /
I rearranged things on my laptop this morning. Rearranging stuff makes me feel better sometimes, when I feel kind of overwhelmed. And then I found this poem by Jorge Luis Borges. My friend sent me this when i was really down last year. It's really beautiful so I hope it will help anyone who accidentally visits my blog who's facing some similar problem. Especially women who are still struggling with self-worth issues. You're not alone, and it can hit anyone. No matter how attractive, smart, kind, funny you are, once in a while, you can have it. When you can't win someone's heart, or your significant other treats you badly, or when you decided to end an unhealthy relationship, you can have it. I hope this poem can help you fight the monster within. It did help me once. 

After a while you learn the subtle difference
Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,

And you learn that love doesn’t mean leaning
And company doesn’t mean security.

And you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts
And presents aren’t promises,

And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes open
With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child,

And you learn to build all your roads on today
Because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans
And futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.

After a while you learn…
That even sunshine burns if you get too much.

So you plant your garden and decorate your own soul,
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.

And you learn that you really can endure…
That you really are strong

And you really do have worth…
And you learn and learn…
With every good-bye you learn.

0 comments:


Labels

Free counters!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 
Copyright © 2010 stickybunbook, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger